Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Early spring

Watching the weather forecast... oh it's getting warmer! 15*C already :O ? I must get out!
*grabbing my camera
*head towards the nearby forest

I was hoping to photograph some snowdrops. Unfortunately, they have sprung much earlier, probably early February, because they like colder temperatures(they often get out even through snow).
I instead found lots of crocus flowers, and some primroses (primula vulgaris) here and there. I was disappointed for a moment(snowdrops are spring symbols after all!), but then I was happy that I found something to photograph anyway. Crocus flowers offer lively colours :).

Crocus flowers
Crocus flowers on the forest bed
 
I am not really pleased with my photograph above. Only when I arrived home I noticed that the bottom crocus, on which I focused, is not enough included in the frame. It bothers my eyes. I left too much blurred out space on the upper part. I hope it still presents the beauty of these flowers in a natural way.

Crocus flower pollen


As the "focus" suggests, my sole purpose of this photo was to present the pollen structure. If you zoom in a bit, you can actually see the grains of pollen. I think I could actually made it closer, but I wanted to include the flower petals so the image looks more natural. Actually, the petal from the left was touching the lens :)

Primroses

This looks like a pretty generic flower macro, but photographing from this angle those common primroses (primula vulgaris) adds a bit of depth to them. They look a bit more beautiful in my opinion than watching them from above.

2 Crocus Flowers

2 crocus flowers blooming on the same strain. It looks beautiful!


Daisy flowers


There are a lot of daisy flowers already on the fields, and, like anybody else, I almos passed near them without noticing. Perhaps because of their size they are most of the time unobserved. So I decided to give it a shot. I was surprised to see how beautiful and gentle they look from up close. It inspires perfection and happiness :).


Currently it's again rainy and cold outside :(. But in april I hope to make more photos of other beautiful flowers, like tulips, lily of the valley and daffodils( and of course, different tree flowers !)

I wish all a lovely warm, lovely spring. Have a nice day!

[post in progress]

No comments:

Post a Comment