Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Nikon P100 trick

Today I accidentally found a cool little trick after I kept my fingers on the "Preview" (or play, how do you want to call it).
For almost a year since I own this camera, I've always had to take the lens cap off and then start the camera for previewing images\videos or accessing the menu without getting the lens cap error message, because it would always start the lens mechanism.

I was surprised to discover today that I don't have to this. Just keep the "Preview" button pressed for about 2-3 seconds and the camera will  start and display the last image that was shot. You can also access the menu. But if you press the "Preview" button one more time, the camera will try to activate the lens mechanism to put it in the active position.
To shut it down, press the on\off switch.

I don't think this is written in the camera's manual, but if it is, others might have missed it just like I did.
I think this works on the P500 as well, but I'm not sure.

1 comment: